112: Productivity & Creativity

1 Like

Really enjoyed the discussion, including the crunchy research and reading retention app workflow discussion!

I just bought Seth Godin’s new book “The Practice”. While I haven’t read it yet, in skimming the contents it looks like the book touches on many of the themes in your podcast. Mike talked about how early on he didn’t think he was creative, The Practice seems to address the myth that creativity is mysterious. Maybe it really is about hard work which is good news for all of us. Besides you can never go wrong reading any Seth Godin book!

2 Likes

I just bought that book- we’re covering it soon on Bookworm, and I’m really looking forward to it!

1 Like

Great episode as always.

What I really want to know @MacSparky is are you still using Drafts? If so, how do you decide when to transfer the Draft to either Obsidian or Roam? Thats where I am struggling… start say a work note in draft with a number of queries that need clearing… do I keep it in Drafts whilst cleaning or move to the next program to finish off there?!

Yes. I’m using Drafts. Drafts is still my text bank and the place I do a lot of writing. Obsidian is more of a thinking/analyzing tool. I also have several Drafts Automations that send a Draft directly into the Obsidian inbox. I’ll do a post once I sort it out to explain more.

2 Likes

Some interesting discussion in this episode. With regards Obsidian I do find I get a lot of good information from the associated community. The discussions on managing notes have been invaluable and I have to say the discussions on maps of content were very useful, I downloaded the example vault and it was a light bulb moment, look here.

I’m also looking at storing my notes in the cloud so I can access them easily on multiple devices. Small local server might be the eventual solution though.

1 Like

Really appreciated this episode. I have so many of the same questions that @mikeschmitz had. It’s great to listen to the approach of someone like @MacSparky, if nothing else than to put some traction somewhere.