148: Security Audit

David and Katie review best security practices and discuss email encryption, VPN, password practices, data encryption, two factor authentication and more.

Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week.

Show Notes

Yes, iā€™m fairly new to this podcast and between one Monday and the next, iā€™ve been listening to old episodes because they are pure gold for a wannabe power user like me - iā€˜ve been learning a lot thanks to you guys!

In this episode Katie mentioned a terminal command (about 45 minutes into the episode) she uses to restart and log in to her mac mini server that she published on her blog, but i can not find it anywhere.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to find it or something similar.

I havenā€™t relistened to the episode, so I do not know the context, but it sounds like maybe this discussion on StackExchange might help you out:

If you have a headless Mac Mini with FileVault activated, you would normally need physical access to the machine after restart. At least, it used to be like that.
If you restart via command sudo fdesetup authrestart, if memory serves me correct, you can sort of ā€œpre-authenticateā€.

If thatā€™s not what youā€™re looking for, some additional details what you want to achieve might be helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you very much, that sounds exactly like what I was looking for
cheers mate