21 sometimes unknown or overlooked features of Apple Notes

Sometimes we / I need reminded of the great features of an existing app to resist the Siren call of other apps.

4 Likes

I thought I was learning something new, about hashtags, but then spotted it is not on iPhone. Bizarre!

Thanks for the link, I agree that reminders are good, especially since some features come in updates and can be missed.

Are you meaning tags? Tags are on the iPhone. I’m probably misunderstanding you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hmm, I misread, thanks for following up.

It turns out that I use a KM script to add #lyrics etc to Notes, but they don’t get picked up automatically.
Topping it in manually works.

Yay, new thing learned :confetti_ball:

1 Like

I actually knew all of those… I feel I deserve a certificate. :grinning:

Seriously, though, It’s an impressive bit of software, and it’s always there. I’ve tried others recently, but come back to Notes. I need to sort out my organisation, but that’s another thread.

The only issue I’ve found recently is when marking up an embedded PDF on my iPad the annotations don’t sync to my Mac. It’s a bug, and reported. The workaround is to copy and paste the PDF back into the note which then syncs to the Mac with the annotations.

:grin:

3 Likes

I just tested this by annotating a PDF in Notes on my iPad. The annotation synced immediately to my MBP. I you running the latest OSs?

I knew about quick notes, but haven’t used it in awhile. I’m going to give that a try, because it sounds perfect for some of the things I want to do on my iPad.

1 Like

Interesting. Yes, everything up to date. Quite a few others online seems to have the same issue so I assumed it was ubiquitous.

Many thanks for taking the time to test. And thanks for the certificate. Framing it now.

1 Like