24" M1 iMac: how do you like the display

Thanks again for your input. Good to know which apps you are using. I also use DevonThink, have used Scrivener quite a bit in the past, I know about Tinderbox and can easily image the screen space it wants.

I finally got to visit/play with my wife’s new 24 iMac. I love both the screen and the form factor of the iMac … it would be a much better fit for the corner of our home that is now my office. I certainly could be wrong, but my impression is I wouldn’t be bothered by the smaller screen size … in fact I’m guessing I might actually enjoy it.

In special situations it would be easy enough to pair with my iPad. How the mouse/keyboard works (OS 12.3) going back and forth between the Mac and iPad works very well for me … it’s now so easy if I really need an extra width.

iMac for looking/searching/etc. and iPad with iA Writer for typing.

The ordering will now begin! Picking the best color is a bit of a challenge but I think I’ll go with orange.

3 Likes

That three inches shouldn’t make too much of a difference. It may very well be sharper as it’s newer. I’m totally content with a M1 thirteen inch laptop. I’m just so happy to have it.

Of course, had I seen the entire Apple :green_apple: presentation, I’d likely be lusting for that MacStudio. Wow!

The suggestion to check it out at an :green_apple: store is a sound one. Actually, looks like you’re already there. :wink:

You wouldn’t think so, but going from my 27" 5K iMac to a 24" 4K Dell for the past few weeks has left me feeling a bit cramped. In particular, it shows up when I tile windows left and right. Sometimes I get different versions of adaptive webpages, for instance. Now the 24" iMac is 4.5K, rather than 4K, so that experience might be different. (Can’t wait for my Studio Display order to arrive :sweat_smile:).

1 Like

You are getting one, Chris!? How awesome! You’re going to be in hog Heaven! Let us know when you get it, ok?

Just looked it up! It can work with my laptop! That would be wild!

You wouldn’t happen to know where this retired lady can get a proper job? (I speak fluent Spanish). Just a rhetorical question! :smiley:

I understand lusting after a shiny new Mac Studio. But I tell myself that Studio performance is comparable to my M1 MacBook Air, unless I were to use software that could do many things at once or I needed more memory and storage than the entry-level M1 Macs allow.

Even calling the M1 Macs “entry-level” is a misnomer as, in many ways, they are superior to most of the Intel-powered Macs that came before.

2 Likes

Yes, they certainly are which is why I’m not going half crazy. I really love the M1 laptop and it’s actually every bit computer enough for me, certainly at this stage. One app gives me problems and I just reboot every once in a while.

But the MacStudio is being marketed for creative types. My little brother, a graphic design artist, would love :two_hearts: it and make great use of it. I just dabble in the art world for fun.

1 Like