36 hours after the Keynote & the only hit for Sonoma on this site is from 2014

What’s up peeps? Does anyone still use a Mac?

2 Likes

Apart from the people live-blogging, the people who’d really know about Developer Beta 1 are probably too busy at WWDC to post anything about it yet!

Developer betas are now available to everyone though, if anyone’s interested to have a go and report back. :smiley:

1 Like

So it is! Very tempting… (the is iPhone)

Developer Beta 1 is usually a pretty rough ride. I think you’ll see some serious uptick on here when the public beta hits.

2 Likes

I installed it on my secondary Mac on Monday after the keynote. For me the new features are a snooze, although I appreciate getting Dashboard back even though they call it a new feature. Frankly my major concern is that it doesn’t break anything, and that seems to be the case. System Settings seems to have changed again, but I’m not really sure. If I tap on the background it shows the desktop (didn’t used to do that) and I can’t find where that is configured.

2 Likes

I installed betas on a MacMini and an iPad (both non-critical). So far, I agree with your assessment.

Do you mean this?

1 Like

That would be it, and it looks to be considered as a Widgets feature, hence it is new (and enabled by default).

1 Like

Gary Rosenzweig posted an excellent “A Quick Early Look At macOS Sonoma” video on his MacMost YouTube Channel:

6 Likes

This year I did something I thought I’d never do - I installed the latest developer betas on my M1 Mac mini, M1 MB Air and iPhone 13. I turned on iPadOS 17 dev beta on my iPad 5 gen but it hasn’t offered or found an update yet.

(UPDATE: iPad 5th Gen not eligible for iPadOS 17 evidently)

So far, so good, no major issues. I have also been giving Safari another go, and I switched from Fastmail back to Apple Mail. I have experienced occasional minor glitches, but those could be due to Mail or Safari vs. beta so hard to say…

1 Like

I’m actually amazed that iPhone iOS 17 has been more or less flawless for me.