535: State of the Platform: Apple Services

iTunes natively reads, writes and converts between MP3, AIFF, WAV, MPEG-4, AAC and Apple Lossless (.m4a). It does not directly support FLAC but it has support for Vorbis and FLAC enclosed in an Oggcontainer; there are many free and pay apps that do this, so go google away.

I’m glad @bowline had an answer, because I really had no idea, never having had cause to use those formats.

This episode actually saved me money While listening, I thought to myself, “You know, I really am NOT using my Apple News+ subscription.” And I went home and canceled it that day.

This is a first for the Mac Power User listener audience! Usually, the best MPU episodes end up costing $$$.

7 Likes

This is just daydreaming, but I wish Apple would combine Stocks and News+ into some kind of Apple take on Bloomberg/Thomson-Reuters data subscription. Would certainly pay for that done in Apple-y UI and semi-privacy.

@DomBett Give me about a week. In the last few weeks we’ve moved my studio, moved my daughter home from her apartment, moved my other daughter rooms, and my wife has lost her craft room to my studio. Things are a big jumbled right now but we are working on it.

3 Likes

No problem. Completely understood. Just curious and I know how devastating to equilibrium a dislocation of your office can be.