652: Where Does the iPad Fit?

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I know that going to a new line worked, but for whatever reason I never thought about going to the full left side of the screen.

It does defy some natural conventions that we are used to since we learned how to write.

Also, you can even write above or below words you’ve already written and it will still end up in the right place.

No, it was a real Mac prototype made by Apple. It was based on the Powerbook Duo. It wasn’t the Newton because it was running MacOS.

I have a bunch of textbooks related to my field that I read using the iPad and Devonthink to Go. Most of the time while on the move or in a space where its not comfortable to use my MacBook, the iPad is EXCELLENT to read or find specific things inside my PDFs.

For me, the iPad mostly does what I ask of it. I.e. content consumption. I don’t think it should attempt being a (software) developer machine. But I miss some freedom and automation. This means things like Smart Folders/groups and access to more things with Shortcuts.