71: Hyper-Scheduling

For anyone interested in hyper-scheduling, there’s an awesome app I’m using on Mac, iPad, iPhone & watch called “Sorted”. It’s super easy to attach duration to tasks and then it has this auto schedule feature that goes around what is already on your calendar to block time. I am really digging it.

2 Likes

Ditto on Sorted… trying to schedule my days with it all the time (kinda hard, insofar as I am not working at the moment (doing the cancer thing) but if I have chores or meetings I will, um… pencil them in blocks

1 Like

@MacSparky [quote=“MacSparky, post:20, topic:11868”]
aybe pick two hours a day as sacred.
[/quote]

This is precisely what I do. 6:00am-9:30am is “sacred” time—no meetings, only project work.

I’m slowly looking at adopting the hyperscheduling technique to better allocate my time. I was looking through the sorted3 app FAQ and found something which I think is interesting to know. It concerns the security of attachments added in the app - it looks like some of the attachments are stored in a “public” facing icloud account. The information is at Where are attachments stored? | Sorted³

Not sure exactly what the developers are getting at - but any app which uploads my data to a public place concerns me. Perhaps I am understanding their explanation incorrectly? Its a shame because there doesnt seem to be another app which works quite like it.

1 Like

That feeling when an app you’ve been wanting to use finally gets Shortcuts actions with parameters and now you can use it!! Great iOS & iPadOS 15 update to Sorted hyper scheduling app image|667x500

1 Like

I think it boils down to the technical explanation that there is not support for attachments in the standard calendar tools, so they have to put it aside in another environment which is public because authenticating the calendar users is not possible. I would guess that the URL, although being public, is obfuscated enough that does not make it possible to “guess” any attachment public URL --so it’s essentially private because only your Sorted instance has the URL.

This is a fair concern. I would just keep myself from uploading sensitive attachments to calendar events, specially for the calendar at work.