@Bmosbacker My hat goes off to you. I imagine that your tag is ‘President’ as that would be fitting!
Do you really have 570 tasks in your list!?
@Bmosbacker My hat goes off to you. I imagine that your tag is ‘President’ as that would be fitting!
Do you really have 570 tasks in your list!?
I’m usually called something far worse! After all, I only deal with people’s children, money, and religion. What could possibly go wrong? ![]()
As to the task, apparently I do,
but that number does not bother me. Some of those are routine tasks. And the ones with due dates, waiting for, flagged, etc., surface when and as needed. I don’t feel overwhelmed when seeing that number.
I’m getting the same. Weird, I wish there was just an option to share (as there is now) and another option to share app link.
Thanks those are the same that I am seeing. I’m not sure that I love how many different ways to link things and they all behave differently.
I agree, it is clunky. I always have to remind myself that Apple is not designing its application for “power users,” but for the “average” consumer. That said, Apple has significantly improved its productivity applications. They are not best in class but sufficient for my purposes, “free,” and deeply integrated into the Apple ecosystem.
This now means your data will be in Apple’s AI database even if you do not want it to be there. AI in OS27 raises new issues if your data is integrated in Apple’s ecosystem.
I understand, but I have so much data in so many databases in the US and in other countries that I don’t think anything in the Apple ecosystem will make much difference. I suspect that what Apple could theoretically gain access to pales in comparison to what I already have in databases scattered everywhere. ![]()
The contextually aware semantic databases will make a massive difference IMO.
That is a real possibility.
But, AFAIK, there is no way to share iCloud data with more than 5 other people, which tells me that Apple doesn’t expect businesses to use iCloud as their primary storage.
I only keep a minimum of data on my iPhone and iPad. Most of it is in the cloud where I can reach it when I need it and it is as safe from prying eyes as possible, IMO. Besides, much of it is just email or files I downloaded from my bank, doctor, insurance company, etc. Most of it is already online.
You are probably right, but I don’t have the expertise to assess it. ![]()
This is impressive. My hat is off to you sir.
This is a very interesting thread, confirming many of the techniques I’ve settled on for myself for Reminders. Reminders is a gem. Several months ago I dragged the OmniFocus icon out of the dock and abandoned it after a decade.
Katie
I feel like an updated Apple Productivity Suite Field Guide from @MacSparky covering Apple Intelligence would be amazing; my experiments with Apple Intelligence and the conversations here are tempting me to move everything over. Because who here doesn’t like to procrastinate by overhauling their entire productivity system?
Trust me, you don’t, but I appreciate the thought!
Methinks the Gentleman doth protest too much,
! Your original post along with those of others have completely restructured my Reminders workflow.