AirPods Crazy Story

Ok so I just had to share this crazy story. Back in December I accidentally washed my AirPods in their case and also ran them through the dryer before realizing it. The AirPods miraculously still worked although the case could not hold a charge. You’d be surprised, but the usefulness of the AirPods dwindle quite a bit if you don’t have a working charging case. I’d been holding out for case 2.0 with wireless charging so I didn’t want to repair or replace them just yet.

For the last few months I’ve left the case plugged into the wall to keep the buds up to 100% and the other day (half a year later) suddenly the battery in the case sprang back to life. I’m not sure how this happened but I’m super excited about it, especially since the wireless charging case and AirPower aren’t as close as I thought. I thought I would share this story, Apple amazes me with the quality of their products sometimes.

2 Likes

I bought a pair of AirPods in April. Lost them when they slid out of my suit-pants pocket in August. I don’t wear a suit often and forgot how slippery the pockets are.

I held out for a few weeks and replaced the Airpods.

A couple of months later the dog got a hold of one of the Airpods and chewed it real good. Didn’t eat it though.

I figure the universe is sending me a message. I don’t deserve Airpods.

2 Likes

Forgot one in the washing machine as well. Still works:)

I don’t have a pair yet because I’ve been waiting for a second generation. Any idea when they’re slated to come out? It sounds like it might be worth going with gen 1?

Gen 1 works great. Use them religiously

2 Likes

All guesses here, but the latest rumor mill is AirPower in September - I’d put my money on a matching set of AirPods to go with it, though I don’t know if we’ll see an ear piece design change or just the battery case with wireless charging.

1 Like

There were rumors that came out today that Gen 2 might include noise cancellation somehow!

2 Likes

Mine is always in my pocket. I’ve even stopped wearing jeans that don’t have a coin pocket. It’s even in my pocket or under my pillow when I sleep.

2 Likes

Because the case is so slippery I got a cheap silicon case with a clip that I can attach to a belt loop or purse strap so that I don’t lose them. ShJnreBDR%20eYJNfSvP7jDA

4 Likes

I believe this is feasible. It will prob be done via software and require the case to be close by maybe. I am amazed how small the AirPods are compared to other brands produce. When it comes to Apple, anything is possible. I just hope the noise cancelling is adaptable by the user. These won’t be brilliant noise cancelling as the AirPods are not a sealed fit.

1 Like