AirPods Max first impressions

I think these things come down to the individual. I wore mine over 15hrs yesterday while working on some audio and had no problems whatsoever.

1 Like

I can’t use on-ears at all, but for all day comfort, the AKG K-700 series are great.

My Hifiman Aryas are wonderful too, but comfort wise, they do come second to the Focal Clear. Most comfy headphone I ever tried.

Then again, these are all wired and open back designs, so a different product type, good in a home office setting.

For use around people, you really need a closed back.

My delivery date isn’t scheduled until mid-Feb. I really want these to be a good fit for me as I think the App;e computational audio is pretty cool. But based on my past experiences…and your experience with the AirPods Max…I’m going to keep my anticipation in check.

I returned the Bose QC 35 II’s as they didn’t fit great. Maybe I’m just going to have to be content with either speakers or earbuds. The AirPods Pro haven’t been too bad although NC on a pair of earbuds with sealed ear tips seems a bit unnecessary.

Thanks for this Chris. I had an email from WaterField a few weeks ago when they were asking for user input regarding a Max case.

I was unaware they had made so much progress so quickly on this project. That’s still not an amazing design (in my opinion) however it is an incredible improvement over the Apple case.

Both WaterField and Peak Design make some pretty nice, quality gear. Interesting that two such companies are nearly neighbors in San Francisco.