AirTags Use Cases?

I can imagine tracking would be intermittent, but it would probably easier for the person finding the pet to contact the owner through the AirTags notifications?

Which is sort of counter-theft. You wouldn’t want that to happen if someone had stolen your bag. But if someone puts one on you the you want to know. So airtags are no anti-theft but anti-lost and pro good-Samaritans

1 Like

“Unless your dog runs into a mall” :joy:

1 Like

I hate it when that happens :wink:

1 for main bag 1 for bike 1 for each cat! I’ll need to get one for keys and travel bag eventually too.

1 Like

It makes sense but here’s a crazy idea. On a very precious item, put an AirTag on a very visible spot and another one hidden. Then the thief will think getting rid of one will save them whereas we still can track it.

3 Likes

How do you plan to attach one to your bike? I plan to do the same

I have four on the way. I’ll use them for:

• backpack
  • briefcase
  • keys
  • suitcase
1 Like

I’m putting an AirTag on my bike with this AirTag bike mount that bolts onto the water bottle mount points: Apple Airtag Bicycle Mount Pull Tab Variant ORIGINAL | Etsy

I chose blue to match my bike.

5 Likes

That’s a great idea!

This glasses strap from Nomad looks interesting too. If there is one thing I misplace on a regular basis, its glasses!

4 Likes

they’ve been on my keys for two weeks now with no actual usage….

1 Like

Very good thanks a lot

1 Like

I guess my question would be if the signal of the AirTag becomes weaker if it is covered with good tape beneath the saddle?

either black duct tape under the saddle or now people are 3D printing some nice reflectors that mount flush to the seat tube. People are getting really creative!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1001236726/collar-and-case-accessory-for-apple?utm_source=duckduckduckgoetsyin&utm_medium=api&utm_campaign=api

I have big cats.

The Belkin case looks nice for a key ring. I have been watching a bunch of videos on YouTube. So far I will probably buy a belkin, elevation lab, and ESR ( never heard of this company before) but they look good.

1 Like

This mostly nullifies my one use-case :frowning:

It’s pretty clear that Apple intends AirTags as a solution to things getting lost, not to things getting stolen.

7 Likes

Belkin key ring is fine. But they don’t respond in my experience - had one last seen 28 minutes ago and had to ransack the yard before it turned up. I found it by sight before the phone picked it up.