Another change for Federico Viticci?

He’s also way taller than you would think.

8 Likes

In this year of Zoom, I started a new job, and become more active on a local community organizing committee, which means I’ve met a LOT of people on videoconferencing.

I assume everyone is within an inch or two of my height. I’m going to be surprised when I meet some of these people in person.

3 Likes

It’s also much easier to cost-justify a subscription to something when it’s part of your job to be up on these things.

I don’t think that any of the tech podcasters I’ve heard were just outright shills for products, although one major-network podcaster came very, very close a couple of times.

But when they’re evaluating things like subscriptions, their value calculus is completely different. It makes sense for them to churn their technology more frequently than the average person. And when they’re evaluating whether something is useful to their work, their work is completely different than many of their listeners’ work.

None of that is bad.

It’s when you think “oh, ______ is just a regular guy like me - so I’ll definitely get a lot of value out of (insert something ______ is currently using here)” that you run into problems.

In the case of Federico, I don’t really enjoy his work. Nothing against him personally, as he seems both smart and decent. But to the extent that I do run into his stuff, I consider who he is, consider who I am, and realize that if my job were like his job, I’d probably do things like switch apps all the time too. Doesn’t make him dishonest or sketchy - just makes him a massively different person than me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Federico is great and charming and intelligent. I love his podcasting.

He is one of 3-4 podcasters that I have been listening to for years and years and years

2 Likes

To add my praise to Federico (whom I thought spelled Frederico up until early 2021):
Reading Macstories, then listening AppStories as co-host with John Voorhees also Adapt as co-host with Ryan Christoffel, was the path that led me to listen to MacPowerUser podcast, that led me to join this wonderful forum.

That is the butterfly effect in which Federico have great part for me. I still adore him and his… innocence sounding soul? especially when talking about America on Macstories Unplugged and talking about pop-culture on Connected.

2 Likes

Personally I’m glad that people like Federico and Myke exist, they keep me from jumping from app to app myself :slight_smile: It’s like having friends that are constantly willing to beta test apps for me

5 Likes

Yes indeed, excellent perspective!

1 Like

:rofl:
hey! it's becaus-... oh okay that's true

3 Likes

I always thought he was the shorter of the three connected host… I don’t know why… this changes everything….

Good point. I use to evaluate software for my company and ended up doing a clean install on my MacBook at least 2 or 3 times a year. Better to “outsource” that to others when possible.

Sorry I am not following Federico’s comings-and-goings but why is Todoist better for 2-way integration with a text editor? I’d think that a fully native solution would have this covered.

I think, from listening to the podcast, that by creating/adapting plugins which are an integral part of Obsidian with Todoist’s current ability to to use a method of backlinking he is able to accomplish something he has wished to do for a long while. Essentially, he becomes the master of his universe and doesn’t need TWO developers to provide what he (using Shortcuts and plugins) can do himself.

1 Like

I don’t always agree with his opinions on apps, but definitely have a new found respect after hearing of his health struggles and how he handled them. And I too thought it was “Fredrico”…. :exploding_head:

He has been switching for years. It’s just a thing. Just from memory

Reminders
Todoist
Things 3
OF
Goodtask

Multiple iterations of each lol

1 Like

Okaaaay I think we’ve run our course. Plus, I asked him on today’s Connected, and yea, he’s back in Todoist Town with me.

6 Likes