Another convert to Logitech MX Keys & Master 3S

As someone who’s been using Microsoft ergonomic keyboards for years, I’ve also had my eye on the Ergo K860, especially because it looks more Mac friendly. I really like that it runs a couple of years on 2 AAA batteries and has keys to switch between three devices. I love never having to think about whether my K380 needs to be charged and the quick switching. I just wish the K860 came in a version without the numpad.

2 Likes

just wish the K860 came in a version without the numpad.

Me too.

1 Like

I am curious how fast you type. Seems to me a split keyboard would be likely to cut down on my typing speed notably.

Idk I’ve never measured it, but once I got used to it, I found I was able to type at least as fast on a split keyboard. Why do you think it would be slower? Your arms, wrists, and hands are spaced and angled more naturally. Familiarity is the only thing that makes a straight keyboard seem more natural.

It might not be slower if you learned on it.

But if I have typed for eons on a regular keyboard then the muscle memory needs to be relearned.

Granted I type about 140-150 wpm - it might not make a difference at a different typing speed.

Is anyone here a fast typist who has made the transition to a split keyboard?

I’ve never used any of the really radical split keyboards, but in Microsoft’s versions, I find the muscle memory for finger movements for the letter and number keys to be essentially unchanged.

If you have access to something like Amazon Prime with free 30-day returns, consider giving one a try and sending it back if you can’t get used to it.

1 Like

The split keyboard is a must for me. Use the Logi ERGO K860 myself. Allows me to type pretty quickly (I don’t look at the keys unless I’m looking for symbols). When I converted to one many years ago, never looked back - unless I had to - like using a laptop by itself.

Try it out and see how it works for you. It’s one reason why there are return windows.

And to go along with the thread - have the Logitech MX Master 3. Got it after my last wireless mouse at batteries like candy. Love it. Fits like a glove and my hand doesn’t get tired. Really useful to work with multiple devices too.

1 Like