Any NotePlan users out there?

The Pandoc command line tool can convert markdown to PDF like so:
pandoc 03.md -o 03.pdf

The results are very good compared to everything else (free) I’ve tried.

1 Like

Hi all, I’m currently evaluating switching to Noteplan and ditching OmniFocus since I’m already a Setapp user and like to cut down on monthly subscriptions. I run into a problem though: I can’t seem to use the plugins via command bar - I install them, they are enabled (checkmark next to the title) and then I try “/command” and it shows: nothing. Has anyone experienced this and knows a solution?

Just got a reply from the Noteplan Support: turns out the issue I described is due to plugins currently not working below Big Sur. That said, the support mentioned they are working on the plugins so they can function on “older” OS - no timeline included, though. Leaving this note for fellow travellers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a lot of recent love here for Noteplan. I’ve just signed up for a month to try it out. Coming from a long time but sporadic user of Things. I have a lot of new things to keep track of and so far enjoying Noteplan.

I am enjoying the flexibility of adding Notes along with calendar items and having one place for todos and thoughts and so on. Anyone else sticking with it?

1 Like

I’ve been dabbling with it as an informal “daily note” app to flesh out my thoughts and my hopes for each day in paragraph form and to keep my important daily to-dos (extracted from another task manager) in a bulleted list below that. I treat it more like a piece of scrap paper on the desk for just that day rather than a database or repository of any sort.

I really dig the way it can time block within the app but doesn’t muck up my actual calendar with scheduled events. It’s the first time that time blocking has felt natural and low barrier to me. Just add times to your task list and it shows up overlayed on the daily calendar view, I love that!

1 Like

Yeah - I like this very much. I have tried time blocking before, but it either messed with my shared calendar with my wife, or I had to create another “me” calendar and have multiple calendars to look at - it just never fit. This method seems much better.

Still early days, but so far, I can see the benefit.

2 Likes

I’m coming up on a year of using Noteplan. I don’t use every feature, but what I use, I love: Daily Notes, calendar integration, and a handful of Getting Things Done notes. It is a nice complement to my use of the EagleFiler app to store most everything else (except what goes into my Numbers spreadsheets and NoteNik collections).

1 Like

I use NP2 slightly more than occasionally; never purchased NP3 as it was quite cost prohibitive. I like it. Probably missing some bells and whistles and polish that 3 has, but this does what I need it to do. Moving to Agenda, though; they have offered some great deals of late, and that seems to do what I need to do as well (which isn’t much, as I don’t have a whole lot to plan whilst doing the cancer thing, so…)