Anyone else getting random password reset attempts?

I’ve gotten messages on my devices twice in the last to days. Doesn’t look like anyone is actually in to my apple account. My password is long, random, and unique. And I have 2FA enabled. But it’s still jarring and unsettling.

I did find this interesting thread. Most of the comments are from the last few days:

1 Like

Yep, I 've gotten these popups recently (notifications that are non-standard in subtle ways) and an official-looking email (with bad Reply-To address). Checked everything out that I could on my Mac and other devices, on https://appleid.apple.com, googled around, and decided my only option at this point was to ignore it. Seems like something Apple will have to deal with.

1 Like

Fortunately, hasn’t happened to me yet. Are you seeing this popup on all your devices and laptops? It seemed like most were seeing it on macs from the reddit thread

1 Like

First time it was Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Today just the Mac.

Which app is sending the notification, or is it some Apple service?

Feels/looks like a system thing, not from an app.

1 Like

I’ve been getting alerts that my son’s iCloud account has been signed in to a device, with the area the same as what Apple identifies as “where we are.” (We live in Delaware; iCloud usually identifies our logins as being in Maryland.) Each time, I’ve logged him out of all browsers / devices and reset his password, and nothing seems to have come of it. But then we get another alert a few weeks later. He doesn’t think he’s doing anything to spark the login alerts, but we don’t know. Frustrating.