Anyone using Workspaces app? Your Assessment?

Yes, Bunch is a nice app. For me it’s another Brett Terpstra gift to the world. Which is a very good thing. But I just love using Workspaces. I’m too old at this point to work with tools that are “functional” when I can work with tools that are joy unto themselves.

1 Like

I’ve a computer science background, and the elegant simplicity of Bunch appeals to me. As one of the hosts likes to say, “it works the way my brain works”.

And as that same host likes to say, there’s “an embarrassment of riches” in context setting apps. :slight_smile:

Cool that we’ve both found one that works for us.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes, I completely understand. I’m glad apps like Bunch and Workspaces now exist. I don’t believe there was anything that came remotely close to them 10 or 20 years ago. And I could have really used either app in those earlier times! Just glad they exist now.

1 Like

I use Workspaces for a while now. Certainly there are other apps which can do similar work, I ended up with this one. It has a fast learning curve, you don’t have to learn a syntax, its simply drag and drop. Besides of intuitive, it has some power, like selecting exactly with which browser you want to open an url, or which file to open how, when (at start, at end, delay, etc). I am a teacher, so I have a workspaces for my courses, which open the folders, apps, files, sheets, zoom link and webpages, etc. In my case, I maintain my login apps at minimum, and activate the working contexts over this. Am quite fond of the program, to be true.
For trigering environmental contexts (my lap connected on my working place to external screens and input devices, or just using the lap alone, I still use control plane).