Apple ID's MacBook Pro iPhone and iPad

Hi Folks, has anybody else got some experience of Daughter going off to University in September, with a new macbook, macbook is on her own apple id newly created, however her iphone and ipad are on another apple id I had to set up a few years ago when she was younger, she has photos music files etc . My main plea is how do I marry up the ipad and iphone on one apple id to the new apple ID on her macbook pro ? All help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Just curious; why did she need a new one?

But you can use both I think.
Add the new one to family sharing if you have room and use that for specific purposes, and add the old one for photo’s etc.

I would sure hope that it will be as simple as that, thanks

She just had the iPhone and iPad before, which was under an Apple ID linked to my e-mail. The MacBook is her first laptop, and it made sense to create her own Apple ID , it’s just what to do with the iPhone and iPad data under the other Apple ID ? Thanks

Do you use that apple id for anything else? If not, why not rename it / repurpose it as her own ID?
You can always change the related email address to her own email address.

please explain in a little more detail? if I rename the first apple id which is an old e-mail address to the new one will all music and photos be transferred to the the new ID ?

My thinking is as follows:

• she has an old ID, with an email address I hope you don’t use.
  • she has a new ID

If you don’t use the email address for the old account:

Log in to everything on the new device with the OLD Apple ID, and remove the new one. For anything already in the new one: move over to the old.

Doing it the other way around (move to new) is going to take a lot longer, and you might miss something.

Note:
The Apple ID is not gone once you migrate data, as long as you don’t purposefully delete it, it is still there, and you’ve got everything still there.

I would recommend adding either the old or the new (whichever way you choose) to family sharing so even apps are still accessible from one to the other Apple ID.

Thanks @JKoopmans, that sounds like a plan, Ive done a manual bakup of the photo’s to a lacie drive just in case something goes wrong. Cheers

a tip: I find using the icloud web interface is very handy when moving items between Apple ID’s.
I think I did a similar exercise to your problem once for my youngest daughter (she’d accidentally created a new apple ID)

I just removed the new ID from the device and migrated all data using the web interface back into the old ID

Thanks again , I will give it a try. Cheers