Apple lowers guidance for Q1 - your reactions?

Same here. Just a user. Don’t get the obsession with it’s financial results.

I agree, I don’t see Windows and Android changing much any time soon. But I don’t share your view that Apple’s problem is due to the recent financial markets. Markets have been going boom and bust for 400 years. I’ve rode through a few “crashes” myself.

Apple is a well run company with excellent profits. And our economy is in good shape.

IMO, the only thing that can really cause Apple to falter, in the foreseeable future, is Apple. They have the ball, it’s theirs to fumble.

There are no problems with Apple currently - it is a company, which makes 80+ billons profit after all. The problem is the market and its unrealistic expectations of increasing profit forever.

1 Like

I agree, Apple is in good shape. But investors in today’s market are no different than the ones who put money into the Dutch East India Company. Or the recent graduate who is shopping around for the best interest rate for his first savings account. People invest their money where they think they will get the best return.

A company doesn’t have to issue stock and deal with the rollercoaster of the various markets. They can knock on doors and try to borrow money from banks or individuals.

It’s not a perfect system, but no one has come up with anything better.

I am a (small) stockholder and not overly concerned. $84 billion vs. $85+ billion is still freaking billions in revenue. Also predict the highest earnings per share ever. Not too shabby. A good run that eventually was going to end. I’m still bullish on Apple for these reasons:

1. still the best phones
  2. still the best tablets
  3. still the best computers
  4. still the best overall user experience

Phones are a small luxury that most people can afford, especially when they are not actually buying the phone, but the monthly phone payment. Sure, they might wait an extra year or two to upgrade, but a high percentage are going to buy Apple again. I sure as heck can’t use anything else now. And I’ll buy my kids Apple when they are old enough.

Side note - this is why people suck at investing - they watch the news and panic when one little short-term blip happens after years of success. I am tempted to add to my Apple stake now at a discount and enjoy the ride back up while collecting my nice dividend check along the way. <—this is not stock advice