Apple Maps - Clear Recents - Whack-a-mole

This applies to Apple Maps on Mac, iPad, and iPhone. I like to keep things neat and simple. I like to delete recents that are no longer relevant. Whenever I clear/delete recents on any device, they are removed but they return, usually between 1 and 4 days (not really sure when they reappear as I don’t check this daily). Some of the recents are a few years old. Can’t get rid of them. Same thing happens with favorites that I have (theoretically) removed.

Has anyone noticed this behavior? Anyone have a solution? I reached for solutions but can’t find anything that works. This has been going on across at least three OS version cycles.

Have you tried clearing recents on every device concurrently. You could also remove Maps from “Apps Using iCloud” on every device.

Katie

I am going to try this for at least 24 hours and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will report back later this week. :grinning:

1 Like

Update

Here’s what I did:

Day 1 - Deleted recents from Apple Maps. I checked and made sure they were deleted from all devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad). Removed Maps from “Apps Using iCloud” on every device.
Day 2 - After ~36 hours I allowed Apple Maps on the Mac to use iCloud. Recents that were removed on Day 1 stayed deleted.
Day 5 - On day 5, I allowed Apple Maps on the iPhone to use iCloud. Recents that were removed on Day 1 stayed deleted.
Day 7 - On day 7, the recents that were removed on Day 1 reappeared. Again, some of these recents are from 2+ years ago.

So here’s what I tried today: I deleted significant locations on all devices. I will report back on this later this week.

For anyone interested, here’s how to delete significant locations on your devices.

1 Like

Update 2
About 1.5 weeks ago I deleted/cleared recents from Apple Maps on all of my devices. I also deleted all significant locations for all Apple devices. The recents have stayed deleted for the past 1.5 weeks until this morning. They have all suddenly reappeared. Again, some of these “recents” are over 2+ years old.

Any final suggestions, other than contacting Apple Support?