Apple Notes iCloud syncing Catalina/iOS 13

Sync is currently working again for me too. Perhaps the major recent problem has been fixed. I’m no longer seeing completely missing notes or the problem with large blocks of text not making it over. I noticed this after installing iOS 13.2.2 although I can’t claim that was the reason.

I’ve been having less pervasive syncing problems with Notes for years though. I’m not ready to trust it yet.

2 Likes

Notes sync didn’t work for me for very long. Sigh. At this point I’m always a little surprised when I do see notes sync.

For what it’s worth I’m on the latest versions of iOS (13.2.2) and Mojave (10.14.6). Syncing between Mojave and iCloud (at least as seen from the web interface) seems to be fine. Changes made on an iOS device may or may not make it off the device.

I’ve been testing this a lot over the last 4 days and I haven’t had a single note fail. I’ve created test notes on all my platforms regularly and tried hand written, all without any issues.

Also, the sync for reminders has started working perfectly for me, reminders that had been “stuck” and not syncing for a couple of weeks have now all synced, including shared lists.

I’ve never had a problem before these recent issues with either Notes or Reminders, and now it all seems to be good again. A big relief for such useful services.

1 Like

I never had a problem with Reminders, Calendar, or Mail but Notes was an issue. But, after testing for a while, it seems to be working perfectly. I only have two weeks of notes to transfer from Notability so I am going to give Apple Notes another chance. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@Bmosbacker and @Rob_Polding - My experience is the same. Notes syncing is working correctly.

3 Likes

After another day of Notes syncing to/from iOS failing to work at all I noticed that the Notes app busy spinner that shows up on some screens would run for a very long time despite good (WiFi) connectivity. Weird. I power cycled my iPhone and it started working again. For now.

I see that iOS 13.2.3 was released today and that it “Fixes an issue that could prevent apps from downloading content in the background.” I can only hope that this covers the problems that I’ve been having with Notes.