Apple TV+, a mild rant

We subscribe to Apple TV+ with additional services Brit Box and Showtime. Occasionally I go through and choose a bunch of shows/movies to add to “Up Next”. When we finally settle down and get situated to watch a show/movie we select one and it shows “Buy for $19.99/Rent for $3.99” or “Free trial for 7 days then $7.99/month”. Repeat 5-6 times. There should be a setting: “only show crap included in your subscriptions”. Thank you for letting me vent.

2 Likes

Where’s the profit in that? Seriously, most of us probably feel the same way. I rarely use my Apple TV, because I hate the Siri remote, but most streaming aggregators do much the same thing.

My Chromecast with Google TV displays content from services I don’t use, but they do identify the service and cost with the “commercial” for each movie. So there are no surprises.

But currently I’ll have to give the prize for least sneaky b*stard to Amazon Prime Video. If you take a second to select “Free to Me” from the top menu, each time you launch the app, it hides everything that requires additional payment.

2 Likes

I’ve never noticed this – Thanks. :grinning:

1 Like

That would be an awesome award to see on an awards show. :smiley:

1 Like

This is why I use the JustWatch app. You select the streaming services you subscribe to and it will only show you the shows and movies that are included in those services.

3 Likes