Aqara products - should I use them

It appears the likes of Unifi, Omada and others can allow traffic through to the other VLAN by using firewall rules - so it allows the main devices to connect to the other VLAN, but the IOT VLAN can be prevented from having traffic leave the VLAN and even ignore other devices on that VLAN. One of the things to keep an eye on was that some routers support VLAN’s but this turns out its only for WAN traffic and IPTV.

I need some time when my wife wont be accessing the internet to sort it out, as I imagine they’ll be some trial and error! :wink:

Well that was a wasted morning - I spent the morning trying to get new router setup with the TP-Link Omada software controller and it really didn’t like running on my Synology, the router played fun and games when I changed the IP range and then lastly, once I thought I was sorted, the access point which I thought support VLAN’s and I reviewed before I purchased the route, doesn’t support VLAN’s in Access Point mode, so everything is as it was before I spent the morning tinkering!

So, I can either:

1. Cut my losses and leave it as is
  2. Run the TP-Link router as a stand alone device and don’t use VLAN’s - no benefit over existing really.
  3. Run the TP-Link and a second AP - each one connected to the different LAN’s. I’d have my separate networks, but would need to be running two different AP’s, though that’s not the end of the world, as the IOT network only really needs a cheap adapter.
    4 .Stump up the cash for the TP-Link access points and potentially the hardware controller as well.