Autumn 2018 deliveries!

It’s new shiny time again! Which means you’re welcome to share tracking screenshots, photos of boxes, videos of yourself chasing the UPS truck - and images of those wonderful new devices here in this thread.

It doesn’t matter what you ordered, or if you’re just curious - feel free to join this thread!

4 Likes

My Smart Keyboard has caught up with my 11" iPad Pro and Pencil - it was lagging behind for a while yesterday but Apple sorted that out! Now to find out if these are on separate delivery trucks…

6 Likes

I have a feeling UPS truck drivers are not as thrilled with this time of year as we are :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Eagerly awaiting the DHL Express truck here. I find it very interesting to see movements of the parcel. It started in the Netherlands (21 hours ago), then bouncing through Brussels in Belgium, to Leipzig in Germany and finally see it has arrived at my local airport in Stockholm, Sweden.

Now I have that DHL imposed house arrest because they are allowing themselves a window between 0800-“end-of-day” to complete the delivery.

Guess it’s time to make that iTunes backup of the current device, soon to be old device…

2 Likes

UPS said the same and my packages just arrived! I hope yours arrives soon too.

13 Likes

Aaaargh… mine is stil 8 days out! Delivery expected Nov 15th, sooo sad now… :sob:

Until then I’m “working” on my 1st generation iPad. Still going strong!

Feeling ultra jealous! Enjoy your new gadgets, I will make an order this weekend after holding the 11 and 12.9 iPads in my hands at the Apple Store and deciding which one I want.

2 Likes

That’s sensible - but if you’re planning on getting the keyboard folio then make sure to hold both with those too. I was somewhat surprised at the weight of the 11" with the keyboard attached, not that it’s actually heavy but just that it’s heavier than I expected.

3 Likes

Good point! I will check it out. I’m leaning to the 12.9 because I think note taking will be better most likely at the cost of readability of ebooks.

I’m also getting a Max, waiting for my carrier to make one available through my plan. Along with the MBP I got in Dec, my “tech refresh” cycle would be complete, and my credit card maxed out! Lol

1 Like

Oh no - seeing those unboxing photos I can literally feel the pull from the apple.com store… "…must…resist…upgrade…":joy:

I’m waiting for the Smart Keyboard - but until it arrives I’m using the Bluetooth keyboard that’ll hopefully arrive later today :grin:

3 Likes

My shiny new 12.9 iPad Pro, with Smart Keyboard and Pencil, is out with the courier. I know for a fact that the drive from the pickup location to me is much shorter than the time passed since it was out of customs. So I think they’re prioritising wrong.

3 Likes

Well, that was unfortunate… During the final steps of the “Restore from previous iPad”, my new Pro rebooted, and now I only have the white apple on a black background for the last 45 minutes.

Anyone know how to force a restart of this thing? (Will check Apple support site of course.)

Update: In recovery mode now… Another hour of waiting, I’m sure :slight_smile:

Press and hold the power and volume up buttons I think (that’s what does a screenshot anyway, and power + volume down turns the screen off for me).

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks @ChrisUpchurch - that was the page that helped me. Looks like the iOS 12.1 update was the culprit and needed to be re-installed. It went smoothly the second time.

Now waiting for all apps to re-download…

1 Like

Ugh. I really want a 12" iPad Pro with keyboard, but I really don’t need one.

Enjoy your new shinies!

2 Likes

I am pleasantly surprised. I ordered the 12.9” on launch day and the system said expected delivery 11/15 - 11/21 and I have gotten notice this week that it is scheduled for delivery on Friday 11/9. My pencil will be here today and my iPad on Friday. So excited.

2 Likes

Can you show a buckshot of the folio, please :slight_smile: ? I already like the look of the new keyboard!