Best or Most Useful App for Apple Pencil

+1 for Goodnotes … I use it both for taking notes and also for reviewing and marking up documents.

1 Like

This got me thinking. If the PDF is fillable, then does notability use those textboxes or its own?

thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, I’ve already discontinued my Adobe subscription and moved my photo editing to Affinity Photo for iPad instead. It’s one of my primary reason I told the customer service on why I’m cutting off my sub. Adobe is so slow in implementing changes so I didn’t think they’ll be able to add that feature two months after I canceled my sub.

1 Like

agreed on all your app choices… I’ve already stated my love for Linea Sketch… but just posted a doodle… but here are a few more work related use examples from my gallery linea%20orglinea%20archlinea%20rack

2 Likes

I like both GoodNotes and Notability. I particularly like the way GoodNotes allows me to erase marks the way a pencil eraser works (i.e., it can erase partial strokes) whereas Notability appears to only be able to erase an entire stroke. (Is there a way to change this behavior in Notability?). On the other hand, Notability has recording and a slightly better document organization.

In my opinion, both apps need:

1. Edit in place or at least a big improvement to document organization (e.g., multiple levels of hierarchy, tags)
  2. URL Schemes (I’d like to have my Launch Center Pro be able to have launch points to specific docs, such as my work journal, my personal journal, etc.)
  3. Other automation hooks

I use OneNote at work with the iPad Pro 10" and Apple Pencil. OneNote does a great job recognizing the handwriting.

(Larger) businesses continue to be a Microsoft world. Microsoft is making interesting strides with O365 and its usefulness in the Apple ecosystem (in my opinion).

1 Like

I can’t locate the thoughts app in the app store I’m interested in checking it out. Can you share a link?

Maybe he means iThoughts? It as Apple Pencil support, and will ignore finger slips when a pencil is active.
Haven’t tried it yet.

1 Like

+1 for good notes

I also like using my pencil for highlighting in kindle, marking and highlighting in PDF Expert, and using Paper by53.