Best starter guide to journaling ...?

I’m a long-time reader of other people’s journals. (The ones that have been published, of course. :wink:) Other people’s collected correspondence, too. I found it really helps to see what other people have done with their journals. And, that’s probably what has informed my own journalling, which is mostly about performances I’ve attended, books I’ve read, exhibits I’ve seen, movies I’ve watched, etc etc etc.—as if I were writing a letter to a trusted friend about them. I’ve found it helps me probe the motions of my mind and heart more effectively than trying to write about them directly via other kind of prompts.

1 Like

Bringing this old thread back top life is at an especially appropriate time for me. As I said earlier I journal in the morning, but I am now going back through my Obsidian joournal entries and moving the stuff to the day it happened. So although I am writing in my journal this morning, the note I am writing it in is the one from yesterday. I discovered that having my journals in digital form and fairly easily searchable was great but trying to in my mind remember that if it’s in an entry dated in 2022 or earlier I need to go back a day was becioming harder to handle. Yep, itt’s a PITA to relabel all the notes and I changed mydaily note template a bit too but already I’m finding my journal more useful for both tracking stuff I did and why but even as a place to see I am making progress when things seem bleak.

1 Like