Best Suggestions for a keyboard shortcut to create new reminder

I had no idea this functionality was in raycast!

The Due Date field responds to natural language too. :grinning:

1 Like

That’s an issue with Raycast. It is certainly a powerful tool, but it’s kind of hard to discover what it can do.

Thanks everyone. What a great bunch of people in here.
I’m going to take a closer look at Raycast and Instaremind!

How would you compare Raycast to Alfred? I’ve used Alfred in the past but before I reinstall it I should probably consider Raycast as an alternative. Any thoughts?

I only use Raycast as an app launcher, so there’s not much difference between Raycast/Alfred or Launchbar which was my old love.

Apart from the discoverability issue these tools have (what can I do with that prompt? Read the manual, really?) Raycast covers a lot of stuff that you would do with a handful of other apps. See, for example, window management, reminder creation, calendar stuff, keyboard shortcuts and of course launching apps.

So it’s basically a matter of taste. Raycast is free as in beer so giving it a chance only takes time :wink:

Thanks for response. That last sentence gave me a chuckle! :slightly_smiling_face:

As Herbert Spencer said: time is that which man is always trying to kill, but which ends in killing him.

1 Like

I keep a bookmark to Alfred’s Cheatsheet in my Safari Favorites on my start page. I frequently review this page otherwise I forget all that Alfred can do.

There’s a good thread on exactly that topic:

1 Like

I can only download it from AppStore and it cost $2.99.

You’re right - my bad. It did cost something. It’s been so long I had forgotten.

I hate how I can’t tell what an app costs in the App Store once I have purchased it!

Same here! There should be a method for that, to see what past purchases have cost.

1 Like