Best way to sell an iPad

I’ve not been using my 12.9" 2017 iPad since I got it because it’s just too large to take anywhere. I’d like to trade down to a 10.5". What’s the best way to sell an iPad? Used to be able to do it on Amazon but now I have to be a reseller (not sure why or when that happened). Craigslist always seemed shady. Gazelle is darned convenient & trustworthy but the prices aren’t the best. How does everyone sell their stuff? Thanks in advance!

There’s an app called Nextdoor that lets you post things to your close-by neighbors, lost dog reports, etc. but you can also sell or buy items.
I recently bought an Aeron chair from a guy that advertised it on Nextdoor, and it went off without a hitch. Went to his house, paid cash and drove home with a great chair for my girlfriend.

1 Like

Most of my devices end up being handed down, but when I do sell one I generally use Gazelle and accept the lower amount in return for the convenience.

1 Like

I’ve used both Gazelle and Craigslist. Unfortunately Craigslist is the best way to go if you want top dollar - it’s not too bad if you meet the buyer at a Starbucks and deal with cash only.

1 Like

I do a lot of buying and selling on Craigslist and eBay. Rarely any problems. Just bought my wife a new camera on Craigslist.

1 Like

I’ve always had good experiences selling to Gazelle. Maybe not the best prices but really good for convienence.

2 Likes

Have you had a look at Apple‘s own service and what they pay when getting a new device in exchange? Afair Apple GiveBack they name it.

Thanks krueschi. I did look, they said “Max $250” even before I start to enter details.

SimplyMac might buy it. I saw a 2017 12.x” at one of their stores yesterday for $500.