BIG Update to Craft!--AGAIN

Happy to report that the two annoyances I mentioned above ( Jan 18) are now fixed.

Craft is still a young app which is developed at a good pace. There is no available roadmap but the devs regularly discuss plans in their Slack. Tags are definitely on the radar, hopefully this year.

4 Likes

Ouch……so brutal :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Just to set the record straight, lest I be consigned to purgatory, Craft has a proud prominent place on my DOC. :slight_smile:

#NoBmosBlocker

9 Likes

That’s a fine collection you have there.
I think many (most?) of us in this corner of the web should have a good bit of experience with these apps. Maybe just Bear and/or Notion missing to round out the writing/note apps?

No way!! :slight_smile: I just wrote this, I don’t need any more apps to consider. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I spoke too soon- tried to use Craft to take notes during a meeting today and it was clear that it did not use mac spellchecking. I had to do a quick md export and continue in Ulysses.

Ah, but great sins start with a small step …. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just discovered Craft and very impressed. A great feature is calendar integration where you can create notes from your calendar events! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while.

I was looking at Obsidian as a replacement for Roam and stumbled on Craft through MPU. Pretty impressive so far!

PS - I just got access to their web app. This should open it up to non-Apple users nicely!

6 Likes

My students were very impressed that they could access my lesson information through the web interface, it’s a great feature.

4 Likes

Thanks. I have not tried the sharing feature’s yet but they look interesting.

Well I’m gonna try it out a lot more now that it’s free for a year for education users!

1 Like

Just be aware that they will provide that discount for a max of five years.

1 Like

Yah I’m not sure I’m gonna commit but I’m curious to play around a bit more without the restrictions of the free version…

1 Like

Well this was the trigger for me to try Craft and see what all the fuss is about. Pretty impressed so far, but perplexed that I can’t set up a page with 2 or 3 columns or as a table - am I missing something?

Confession - serial note app purchaser here

No you aren’t missing anything. Tables support is “coming soon”. Should be this fall. I haven’t heard any talk about column support. I think the recommended workaround is to create multiple “cards” that you stack next to each other.

Also missing how to get a word count…

Unfortunately, it is a multi-click process:

2 Likes

Craft are teasing a big v2.0 release late this month, and their CEO just gave an interview in which he says they’re going to enable plugins.

A fresh take on documents - the Untold Story of Craft by Untold Stories Podcast (soundcloud.com)

Skip to 57.25 to hear the talk of plugins.

6 Likes

That is interesting and very promising! I’m looking forward to seeing what v2 brings to the table.