I admit it, I’m becoming a Craft evangelist! There is a thread on First Impressions of Craft but I think this update deserves its own thread. You WILL want to take time to read the list below. As Barney would say, this is “big!”
Below are the features of the new update:
1.2.2 - Craft Update - Craft Connect, Improved Tabbing & Many More
Happy 2021! We’re kicking off this year with an amazing update and some announcements.
In our newest release, we’ve massively improved our tabbing and windowing experience for Mac and iPad. You can now have multiple spaces open at the same time, drag and drop tabs both in the same window - and across windows. On the Mac (already available on iOS) we’ve also added spotlight integration, so you can open Craft docs via a simple search.
We’d also like to announce Craft Connect - a way of ensuring that your data is yours- not just in a technical sense, but on a practical one as well.
And finally added a new shortcut (create document with title & content), improved our export & import with backlink support, and improved performance significantly across platforms.
What’s New In This Version
- Tabbing & Multi-Window Improvements
On macOS, you can now :
• Drag and drop tabs to change their order
• Drag out a tab to create a new window
• Drag tabs across windows
• Open a new window with cmd + shift + n
• Have multiple spaces open in separate windows
• Made the minimum size of windows smaller
- Introducing Craft Connect - your data is yours
We’re thrilled to introduce our work and plans on Craft Connect. Expect to hear about this a lot more in the coming weeks and months - for now, you can find a short summary below.
With the work around Craft Connect, our goal is to ensure you have full, practicalownership of your data and support you in connecting your thoughts and work across multiple products. While we have many file-based export options available, file-based workflows still make it challenging to easily port data between apps - meaning that while you do have technical ownership, this doesn’t always translate to practical ownership.
To address this, we are adding direct integrations with other apps and services - so you can export, import, and connect your content with one tap. In this update, you can send content directly to Things, Drafts, OmniFocus, iA Writer, Ulysses, Bear, Day One, and NotePlan. We will continue to exponentially increase coverage to both other apps and services over the next months. If you have any apps or services you’d love to see, please let us know here.
As part of Craft Connect we will also be releasing in 4-6 weeks our "offline spaces"feature - meaning content you add in offline spaces will never touch our servers - and you can choose if / which provider (iCloud, Dropbox, GDrive, Git etc…) you would like to sync with.
We will also continue to heavily invest in improving our shortcuts coverage, URL schemes, and building out our APIs - all which will allow you to access, transform or move your data in your preferred methods.
Our goal with Craft is to build a tool that enables you to think and write better and more efficiently - and embrace the fact that thinking and content creation often happens across different touch-points and products.
- Markdown Bulk Export and Import Improvements
We’ve significantly improved our Markdown export and import capabilities, new features include :
• Increased our import file batch limit from 200 to 2000
• Blocklink support for export and import
• Added Craft flavour, which is compatible with Obsidian
• HTML tag support within a markdown document
• Automatic link detection within a markdown document
• Subfolder support for import and export
• Automatic name duplicate detection for files during import
• Creation date processed of files and kept during import
- New Shortcut - Create a Document with Title and Content
With our new shortcut you can crate a Document and also add a markdown formatted content inside it - allowing you to set up templates, or recurring note creation in a very easy way. Also, stay tuned - we’re working on significantly extending the number of shortcuts we support!
- Spotlight Search Integration
All your Documents are now added to MacOS Spotlight - so you can search and open them directly via spotlight search.
- Performance Improvements & Glitch fixes
• We’ve significantly improved Craft’s performance across all platforms
• We’ve added folder names to the list view on the home screen
• You can now switch workspaces from the tab Bar on macOS
• Hook Integration on Mac now possible
• Fixed issue where Craft appeared blurry on a secondary/external screen
Have a great week, and happy Crafting!
If you have any feedback, don’t forget to join the Craft Community & share it with us!
The team at Craft.