Black Friday (and beyond!) deals thread!

Macheist also has a bundle. I’m actually tempted to buy it just for NetShade VPN.
Macheist November Bundle

FYI that’s not a real MacHeist Bundle. MacHeist were active with deals and bundles and ‘missions’ a few years ago (I was a participant in their now-deleted forums at the time) but that link is simply the current StackSocial deal with MacHeist branding so that they get a commission on sales.

This has become a common sales trick to push StackSocial deals - I’m not saying it’s bad, or the deals are bad. They’re not, and I’ve bought several StackSocial deals. But just so you know, this precise deal is also being resold as a MacObserver Deal, an iPhone In Canada deal, a deal at the MacWorld.com Shop - you get the idea.

Thanks for that info. I didn’t know that Macheist is no longer active. I was there at the beginning too but became inactive after a few years. I think I was blue or green team :smile:

1 Like

Although I’m a user of NewsBlur ($35/yr, I think) for handling all mRSSmy RSS feeds. I just got a Black Friday email from Inoreader offering 18 months for the price of 12 (which I think is $50)

Personally I’m ver happy with NewsBlur and its surprisingly decent iOS app, but Inoreader also has a good reputation.

Exclusively for its members, Costco offers a $100 App Store & iTunes Gift Card for $79.49. It will be delivered via email.

I’ve bought this from Costco several times over the years and it’s a smooth transaction. (I’ve read that it’s actually transacted through PayPal’s own Digital Gifts unit, which currently has the $100 iTunes cards for $85 on eBay.)

2 Likes

This is how I originally got into 1Password. Somebody gifted me a 1Password license in 2010, before the Mac App Store. I switched from PasswordWallet and was hooked.

I’ve done this as well. Very smooth. It’s rare to find a better deal on iTunes cards.

1 Like

For the more technically minded here’s a great offer on some awesome tutorial books with videos.

Hacking With Swift Black Friday Sale

1 Like

Codeanywhere, a complete toolset for web development in the web browser. Enabling you to edit, collaborate and run your projects on any device. (I’m looking at using this with my new shiny iPad Pro 12.9 for web dev). You can try it out for free

They have a 33% off coupon 33black2018 good until Cyber Monday Nov 26. I’ll be jumping on this deal for sure.

The StackSocial deal mentioned above (includes Acorn, Gemini 2 and eight others) is $20 with promo code BFMAC5.

Theine is my choice of Mac menubar app for keeping the machine/screen from sleeping (similar apps include Caffeine, Amphetamine, Wimoweh). Anyway, price just dropped to 99¢ in the US Mac App Store:

Any reason you use this over the other apps? I’ve only heard of Caffeine and I honestly don’t care which one I use. I actually haven’t had a need for an app like this but I see it’s value. Just wondering if there was a specific reason to get this one.

Thanks.

I had Caffeine (I think it’s a free app?) but Theine just has a simple, better UI and works for me.

1 Like

Readdle (SparkMail, DocumentsApp, ScannerPro, PrinterPro, PDFExpert6.) sent me an email this morning announcing their Black Friday Sale: “Enjoy up to 50% off our best productivity apps and let’s celebrate Black Friday together.”

True, but it is a great program.

Abbyy FineReader OCR Pro is discounted on the Mac App Store. I just got it for 47.6 USD. Normal price is USD 119. Definitely worthwhile.

I love Paprika for my recipe manager. Mac is normally $30, now $15, iOS is normally $5, now $3.

Affinity has taken $6 off their iOS Photo and Designer versions. ($20 down to $14).

Be Focused PRO (Pomodoro timer that’s Sweet Setup’s somewhat-dated pick) down from $5 on Mac to $2, $2 on iOS to $1.

7 Likes

Looks like their desktop apps are 30% off too, down from $49.99 to $34.99 in both the Mac App Store and on the Affinity site.

I bought them both the last time they were on sale on Desktop and didn’t have time to learn them before my life got crazy. Had to learn Affinity Designer as someone who has never used a vector-drawing program as I used it for some amateur musical set design. It was pretty intuitive for someone who has never done anything similar before in their life. 10/10 would buy again.

2 Likes

Devonthink seems popular on this forum. They have an offer on over the weekend as follows:

DEVONtechnologies products are — DEVONthink (all editions), DEVONnote, DEVONagent, or DEVONsphere — look at what they brought to the table:

25% from Black Friday through Cyber Monday

Black Friday offer starts Thursday, November 22nd, 2018, 6 p.m. CET (Central European Time) and ends Tuesday, November 27th, 2018, at 9 a.m. CET.

I might even get it myself!

2 Likes