Black Friday onwards deals 2019

Hi all,
Last year we had a single thread with all Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Let’s use this thread or create a new one. Anyways better than separate threads.

4 Likes

PDF Expert for 9.99 for first year.
Link

Here’s a bundle that has a few good apps for your Mac, including Daisy Disk and Fantastical 2.

1 Like

The Sweet Setup is bundling all their in-depth app courses together for a not-yet announced discounted price. These courses have been awesome for me.

DEVONthink is 25% off

Should we use separate messages for hardware and software?

And DevonThink To Go is down to $10.99 = 27% off (usually $14.99)

I’m a new user and can’t post all the links

Zengobi Curio has licenses for 30% off

Microsoft Office Home & Student on sale for $99.99 ($50 off)

Nolo press has 50% off many items (Amazon may be more convenient and only slightly more)

Kind of an indirect software discount,
Best Buy has $100 App Store & iTunes Gift Cards for 20% off (in store only)

2 Likes

Hey all, I’ve curated a monster list of apps on sale for Black Friday and Cyber Monday – I literally looked through all 6,000 App Store apps that price-dropped for the holiday (ridiculous) and everything I could find outside the app store as well. Check it out!

5 Likes

I discovered Linky from your massive list. Sounds like a great tool. Thanks!

Awesome! Great app. It used to be better–posted to Facebook as well–but Facebook changed their APIs (sad). But it’s linking and sharing is tremendous. Enjoy!

2 Likes

@MarkDMill Please feel free to include the coupons of the latest CogSci Apps invention (Hook productivity) and cognitive productivity books – my corp/books; good till end of Cyber Monday :slight_smile: .

1 Like

@MarkDMill I love to see your deals in Telegram but my interest is in apps only. Is there a way to filter the movies/TV series out? Otherwise, the Telegram is just too crowded (sorry!)

Hey @Topre, unfortunately, I can’t filter the Telegram channel any better than it is now. I’ve heard there’s some work that could be done with programming a Telegram bot, but I can’t justify right now the extra work it’d take to figure that out. If you’re interested in filtering more, the RSS feeds offer pretty amazing filterable RSS feeds, and I also offer Patrons access to filtered emails.

1 Like
1 Like

Save 50% on your first year of 1Password

Deal comes via Wirecutter, which calls 1Password their top password manager.

https://1password.com/promo/wirecutter-dec/

First year cost is only: $18 for individuals / $30 for families when paid annually.

That’s $1.50 or $2.50 per month for 12 months, respectively.

A pretty great deal.

1 Like

If you are a developer this might be handy:

The API tool Paw for Mac is free (instead of $49.99), if you retweet and DM them. :ok_hand:

DevonThink promotion says "It cannot be combined with other offers such as the students & educators discount.” but it does work for upgrades and purchasing additional seats.

I finally bit the bullet.

Upgrading my version 2 license plus adding a 3rd seat came to a total of US$55.50, which seems pretty reasonable.

I still think they ought to include at least 3 seats by default, but they made it clear they weren’t going to budge, and they haven’t added it to the Mac App Store yet (which would, of course, give you 5 seats, but they might price it differently, and of course there are no upgrades there).

3 Likes

9TO5TOYS has a StackSocial-powered deal on 13 Mac apps. Only $36 (40% off the StackSocial price) with coupon-code GETMAC40 at checkout. Great deal even if you want just one of these apps.

https://specials.9to5toys.com/sales/the-award-winning-parallels-desktop-mac-bundle

Some alternatives, like SafeInCloud, weren’t even considered. No doubt 1Password is a good app, but in the end it’s just a password manager with an expensive subscription. There are more options. Some may even be better. It depends on your needs.
I’ve used SplashId for years. Wasn’t particularly fond of it, but it did what it should do: securely storing passwords.