Bluetooth and Wifi problem?

Hello,

Is it possible that my Apple Keyboard is slowing my wifi connection?

When I turn ir off, wifi seems to work as expected…

Interesting. Where’s your router located relative to the computer and keyboard? I’d try a few positions and look for changes in behavior.

1 Like

If think the problem is that they share the same channel. The problem: my router doesn’t access other channel than 2,4.

2.4 is the frequency band. There are channels within that (1, 6, 11, etc) you could try changing to see if it improves. You’d access that preference through your router admin. 2.4ghz WiFi should be able to co-exist with Bluetooth, normally.

1 Like

It’s set to automatic. Can I change the channel without losing connection?Captura de Tela 2021-03-25 às 19.28.03

Yes, you shouldn’t have any issue reconnecting. Since it’s already automatic, though, I’m not confident it’ll help.

1 Like

Yup. Didn’t help.

Well, let’s get back to the wired keyboard.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Listen to two guys geek out on broadband noise related issues and troubleshooting on this podcast.

Certainly, you should consider getting a 5GHz router if possible. It may well noticeably increase your internet speed as well as solve the problem you’re facing today. And you can keep your wireless keyboard.

2 Likes

Bluetooth can indeed interfere with 2.4GHz WiFi, but so can all kinds of other poorly shielded consumer electronics.

Which channels did you try? (The channels that cornchip posted (1, 6, 11) are the only channels at 2.4GHz that don’t overlap, so those should be the only ones to try.)