Bring back the MacBook Air 11 inch!

Good choice. My kids are in college and respectively own a 2019 MacBook Air (I paid for it) and a 16" MBP (he paid for it with internship money). When they were little, they used iMacs.

I L.O.V.E. my 12” MB adorable. I love everything about it, yes, even the keyboard. It’s my daily driver and am soooooo hopeful it makes a comeback.

1 Like

Loved mine. It was my portable laptop when out and about (from home office around around client offices) for a year or two. I often connected remotely to a Mac (or PC!) in my home office for raw power hungry tasks. When sitting at a desk, with a monitor available, I would connect it to the external monitor - which solved the resolution issue. But, I always carried an iPad Pro too (still do, even more so, if anything) so portability of the 11” is no longer such a factor. It’s still in use though, my (adult) daughter loves it.

My solution to the crowdedness was (and still is) hooking it up to a 27" display (now discontinued) at home, the small screen would do at work (not computer-intensive job) or on the road. I had purchased it with a 512 GB SSD back then (2012), thinking of upgrading to 1 or 2TB now. Has anyone tried that? Will it slow down? I know I could get a new simple mac for that kind of money, but a faster CPU is no use to me if I have no storage (no Cloud storage for me, my important files stay on my machine).

I’d be nervous about the 2012 already being declared obsolete by Apple - support is more difficult and at what point will it not run well with future releases of the operating system?

True. However, I tend to wait a bit with new OS releases and the 2012 MBA can run Mojave and I think Catalina too (but I don’t want it). Never had problems with Mac hardware so far (touching wood), so as long as my apps work I’m happy. I know I will have to change it eventually, but I hope it’ll be later, rather than sooner. I’ll report back if I install 1TB, if anybody is interested! :slight_smile: