Can anything be done to customize iPad App suggestions?

I have my iPad set to show me “Personalized suggestions” for apps, and it does a terrible job of it. Are there any ways I can narrow down my profile and interests so I (for instance) can hide all the silly kids games and maybe, instead of having both “Top apps” and “Popular apps” (what is the difference, I’m wondering) maybe get a view of actual business apps and content for grown-ups? Based on my installed and frequently run apps, that isn’t a big secret I’m keeping from Apple.

The discoverability is zero for me - it keeps showing me “Top apps” I already have purchased and installed, 100% wasted screen real estate. Even in the App category, there are tons of more games - why?

Is it just me, or is the iPad App store an absolute garbage fire?

It’s not just you, it’s always been bad.

1 Like

Apple explains, below, how developers can optimize App Store search. This is what you’re up against.

1 Like

My bad for expecting better from one of the most profitable companies on the planet. Guess I just hang out here for real life reports of what works for other members.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, Apple has spent a lot of time and money convincing people to believe it has their best interests at heart.

1 Like