Can't get the Drafts App to "Open at Login"

I will reach out to the developer but I’m wondering if anyone in this forum is experiencing this problem.

I cannot get Drafts to “Open at Login.” In fact, I can’t even add it to the Login Items in Settings. In addition, I HAVE set the Drafts preferences to “Launch at login” but it will not do so.

I have deleted and reinstalled Drafts but that has not solved the problem.

Any one else having this issue? If so, have you found a solution?

By “open at login” do you mean launch, or do you mean open a Drafts window? For the latter, you need to check “Show main window at launch.”

I check my macOS settings, and Drafts is not listed under “Open at Login”, but it does open for me when I log in to my Mac.

This is a setting in the settings app. And yes, per the screenshot above, I have set Drafts to launch upon login, And I also tested selecting the other option. Drafts still will not launch upon a restart. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:

I seem to recall having the same issue. I run as quick Keyboard Maestro script.

Would it be at the task bar at the top of the Mac, I have bartender, and it is inside the menu bar on the top

CleanShot 2023-04-20 at 18.18.22@2x

It sounds interesting. I was happy to find a topic in the Drafts community only to see that you already had posted there back in June 2022. :person_shrugging:

Have you tried the developer’s suggestions to debug the issue?

From 2020/2022:

So, Agile Tortoise’s suggestions would be to:

1. Trying to see if a tool like Bartender causes the issue (= disabling Bartender temporarily?) Does anything change?

2. Turn off “launch at login”, reboot the Mac, launch Drafts manually. Does Drafts’ menubar icon always appear properly?

3. With “launch at login” turned off (!): add Drafts to the login items in System Preferences manually. You wrote that you can’t even add Drafts to the login items. What is happening when you are trying to do so?

Does it work if you are trying this as a different user on your Mac?

P.S. Drafts will not "Open at Login" - Drafts Community - ah, I discovered one more topic from today/yesterday.

Keep us posted. :slight_smile:

2 Likes