Canvas - spiritual successor?

Hi MPUers!

I discovered the canvas podcast just a few months ago & was extremely saddened to see that it ended at the end of last year.

Does anyone know of a good alternate podcast primarily focused on iPad productivity and using as a daily driver? I have an iMac at hone to handle a lot of my automation, but have recently switched from an MBP to a 2018 12.9 iPad Pro. Love it when it’s discussed during MPU, just would love more of it! Thanks in advance as always!

Have you tried “A slab of glass”?

https://aslabofglass.simplecast.com/

A Slab Of Glass is in the midst of a change of focus, by the way. It was originally supposed to be iPad-focused… then one of the two hosts pretty much stopped using his iPad. :man_shrugging: I had a hard time making it through the last podcast episode, which consisted of a lot of talk about why it took so long to put out the latest episode, discussed procrastination and health issues and meandered a lot more than I found palatable. (I’m giving it one last chance before I delete it.)

I’d suggest instead checking out Let’s Talk iOS from idownloadblog.com, and AppStories , and maybe Bring Your Own Device. For Mac/iOS/games I like the Ruminate podcast.

For a more general Apple podcast I recommend the 9-to-5Mac Happy Hour, which isn’t as popular as perhaps it should be.

Canvas was great, and I really appreciated the increasing skepticism Fraser Spiers had towards the iOS ecosystem with regard to schools and their limited budgets. (He almost convinced me to buy a Chromebook!)

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good description of why it’s been a while since I’ve listened to A Slab of Glass. I’m not looking for a podcast that’s mostly about the hosts lives and incidentally about the iPad. The same syndrome sometimes afflicts Supercomputer, though to a lesser degree.

1 Like

The Class Nerd

It’s a fairly iPad-focused podcast (but not exclusively), and it definitely takes a pretty strong education-based viewpoint of productivity, but I think they’ve covered similar topics as Federico and Fraser, just a couple years later. They just finished their 2nd set of episodes, and I’ve learned from what I’ve heard so far.

2 Likes

Agreed. A similar podcast is the very sporadic/random Nerds On Draft podcast featuring Gabe from MacDrifter. When they’re on their game they have good discussions about Mac/iOS apps and especially productivity software, but one usually has to first fast-forward past 25 minutes of recondite discussions about micro craft brews.

Very interesting - I think I used to listen to a music-technology/music-education-related podcast that one of the hosts, Robby Burns, used to host. Yes, the episode descriptions make it seem similar to Canvas; I’m downloading a couple right now, hope to check them out some time this week…

I’d recommend iPad Pros.

Its full of very deep dives into different professionals’ iPad workflows.

2 Likes

I’ve subbed and listened to three episodes of The Class Nerd today. Excellent!

2 Likes