Chrome Browser Question

Due to the need to conduct virtually all business online (pun intended), I’m finding that I need to use the Chrome browser as my default for the time being. Is there a way to shrink the width of the “banner” area? I’d like as much screen real estate as possible. Thanks.

I don’t know about making it smaller, but if you could do without those search/user/etc links in the header you could hide it from view using an extension. I use the free Stylebot extension in Brave to change fonts/sizes/background colors, but you can also use it to remove elements. Before and after:

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.

Just select/highlight then make the change. You can reset a page/site at the bottom of the Stylebot menu. It’s a little radical to hide a menubar-header though… I mainly use the extension for my most visited sites to change and enlarge fonts, make the fonts black, and change the backgrounds to off-white.

That extension used to be related to a website (stylebot.me) where people could share and download customizations for sites. (Lots of people with crazy CSS skills who did amazing things to Gmail, for example) but the site went down a while ago.

1 Like