Crowded reader (read it later) app space

I was using UpNext right from an early beta and was lucky enough to get a lifetime subscription.

Nick

I was doing beta testing on testflight too but not sure this is early beta, do you get an email to say you have lifetime subscription?

Do any of them show an estimated reading time for each article? I always forget how much I rely on this in Instapaper until I try out something new. After 24 hours with GoodLinks, that’s the only thing I miss.

Don’t forget Anybox

it is a bookmark manager more like raindrop.io then a reader / read it later app?

True - but I actually struggle with differ between the two. I can find it to be overkill having an app for bookmarks and an app for read-it-later. It seems to me that these two are very close to each other - somewhere to keep stuff from the internet you wan’t to look at at a later time. I would very much like to hear about your workflows with this regard.

Just now, I also found this one: Cubox - Might also be more of a bookmark manager, but looks interesting. Has export of text and export of annotations to markdown. Can also subscribe to newsletter via email.

I think reader / read it later service has features that remove all the unneceesary contents from web sites, some keep a cached copy so that it is still assessible even the page is offline or removed. Some may even let you hear the content in audio format

Bookmark managers may not have those features

This function of Cubox is interesting and makes it both a bookmark manager and a read-it-later service (I guess)

I’m trying UpNext after reading this article in The Verge, and I like it.
The addition of videos is key to me.

Of course, the ecosystem for this service isn’t what it is for other services, and the price is very high - but the UX is nice.

Just added that Verge article to my upnext queue!

Yes, I also got one with a 20% off.