Curious about demand - Who's pre-ordering their iPhone Pro Max tomorrow morning? And tips for ordering?

I’m just trying to get some sort of popularity gauge on the iPhone Pro Max pre-orders opening at 5am tomorrow. How many of you are actually going for this bohemoth iPhone? And… I’ve always worked for company that does the iPhone ordering for its employees. This is the first time I’ll be getting up early to order myself. From those that have gone through this with the iphone12 pre-orders, any tips?

2 Likes

The Apple Store app has always been said to be the quickest way to place an order.

I’ll be getting the 12 Pro Max in blue, 256 GB.

1 Like

I’ve heard that ordering through the Apple app is best and fastest if you are concerned about timing. Obviously no guarantees though.

That said, I won’t be in your way as far as demand is concerned. I’m ordering me a HomePod Mini. Maybe two. :blush:

I have mine all set to alert me, through the Apple Store App, and just finish the check out immediately.

2 Likes

I’m ordering the Max and using the app.

1 Like

Yes I am. Already did the preapproval and trade in stuff for my iPhone 11 pro max. Just need to click the button in the apple store app at around 7 am in Louisiana.

2 Likes

12 Pro Max is teed up for 7am Central time.

1 Like

Hello future iPhone twin! I’ve sorted out the financing in advance (my parents always want to upgrade to my phone so I decided against the upgrade program this year), so I just need to confirm my order at 1pm today :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

We are twins² because I am getting off the upgrade program this year too! I switched from Verizon to Spectrum (our cable company) to save money on my bill, but the upgrade program is only supported on the 4* major carriers in the USA

(* really 3 since T-Mobile and Sprint are set to merge.)

I’ve also decided that I don’t really need a new iPhone every year, and the 12 seems like a good one to keep for 2.

2 Likes

Order completed at 7:01 am CST. Blue, Max, 128. Also, 2 white HomePod Minis.
iPhone delivers Nov 13. HomePods deliver Nov 17-19.

2 Likes

I too ordered two white HomePod minis.

2 Likes

I ordered a 128 green Mini, upgrading from an 1st gen SE. I guess I’m on the six-yearly upgrade program.

Question for those who do this more often. When 5am hit, I got an “Almost there” screen on my iPhone. Was I in some sort of virtual queue? In other words, was repeatedly closing the app and reopening it to see if it would change :grimacing: delaying my turn to order?

2 Likes

Nope. Seems like some of us (myself included) were just hitting CDNs that weren’t as fast to be ready as others.

I was in the phone queue, trying the Apple Support app, and eventually used the Apple.com website to order mine.

3 Likes

Ordered a 12 then cancelled it. Then I ordered a 12 Pro and cancelled that.

You know what’s coming next…

However, I’m not going to place an order until I have read some reviews. I’m only interested in the cameras and I want to be persuaded that the Pro Max is going to be worth it to me. I can live with my 7 Plus for another year otherwise.

Same for me. As suggested, I was using the app on my phone, and it continually said “There was an error, please try your order again” or something to that effect. I got that repeatedly. After 10 minutes of attempting to order with my phone, I just hopped on Apple.com and it took my order on the first try.

1 Like

Got my iPhone 12 Pro Max! 256GB, Graphite. While I know its overkill for most, I’m an extra tall professional photographer/Videographer, with big hands, who loves the bigger phone styles. So… this is perfect all the way around for me (after having to convince my wife why I had to have the most expensive iPhone…)

2 Likes

Ordered two Homepods Minis, which is overkill, but, heh… I like having sound everywhere.
Not an iPhone though, hope my 11 Pro Max will last a long time.

However, I can’t wait for the new Apple Silicon Macbooks…

2 Likes

I ordered my iPhone 12 Pro Max this morning and had no issues. I will be picking it up next Friday morning.

I had no issue when I made a second order for an HomePod Mini.

I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro Max, graphite, 128 GB. Now wondering if I should have gone for silver…

Also, is it weird that I wasn’t tempted by the 12 or the 12 Pro, but instead either the 12 Mini or Pro Max? In the end, I wanted the best camera.

The reviews of the Pro Max seem consistent in finding the improvements in images over the 12 Pro are limited. Surprising. So I have cancelled my Pro Max order - the additional cost and size are not worth it to me for such modest gains.

May reconsider 12 Pro - cheaper and smaller.

2 Likes