Customizing Apple Mail

I’ve decided to give Apple Mail another shot but I’m stuck on the baldness of the app. I’ve been using Spark and it’s nice to see the Avatars and Color Coded accounts. I’ve dug around Mails settings and can’t find any way to customize the look of Apple Mail. Am I missing anything or is that just the way it is?

For customizability are a lot of options in the menus to be found, which is indeed not the usual place. Also, I would recommend using something like Mailbutler, which brings many of the modern goodies we expect coming from Spark or Airmail.

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll have to check it out. Thank you.

1 Like

This looks promising

3 Likes

does it really? It seems to be limiting the options devs have to create extension to a large extent. Think we’ll have to wait and see

2 Likes

I’ve been through every mail app available for MacOS since I’ve been using MacOS (2006). I’ve used all the add-ons that are (or have been) available for Apple Mail along the way. For the past few months, I’ve been using Outlook, which is good but has a couple of limitations. I, too, was thinking about giving Apple Mail another try. However, after watching the WWDC Keynote, I’ve decided to stay with Outlook until the new OSs are available (I usually jump on board with the Public Beta 2 releases…let others work out the major bugs). That should put the new stuff available sometime in July, depending on when they release PB 2. There are a lot of interesting things becoming available in the new OSs, so I’ll have to see if I have the patience to wait for PB2, as is my usual process, or if I cave and get PB1.

2 Likes