Dear Lord, As I Walk Through The Valley

I rather enjoyed the Van Halen reference in the first post myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I managed to connect to an SMB server at work without any issue.

I can connect to my Synology with no issues. What type of server are you connecting to, and what protocol does it use?

Small irritant in the Watch OS 6.0 update – the watch face that I use is now monochrome. So I set up a new one on my phone, and it too became monochrome after a beat.

I think you are so much better off with 13.1. If the iPhone had been delayed … this would have been 13.0. Also, SHORTCUTS AUTOMATION TRIGGERS!

3 Likes

I shall see when I install it. However so far I’ve been updating iOS versions as they’ve been released. Not feeling so much confidence with this one though :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Same here… really want to test safari (gdocs & Grammarly!!) … the weekend is nearly there :rofl:

I run a Plex server on an Nvidia Shield (Android TV). The share is standard smb protocol: smb://192.168.x.x

I have no problem connecting to it from my Mac or from my iPad using the FileBrowser for Business app, but not Files.

Maybe 13.2 will fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done.

Enjoying swipe keyboard much more than I’d thought I would :rofl: and dark screen is really nice!

Let’s keep exploring!

2 Likes

Game Center has been borked for me on iOS 13 so far. Whenever I try playing a game, the overall device sound dies within about 30 seconds and only a device reboot will bring it back. Upgrading yesterday to iOS 13.1.1 didn’t fix it — nor was there anything in the changelog that indicated it would, I should note in fairness. Anyone else seeing this?

BTW, I have not yet tried Apple Arcade and, until this is resolved, would just as soon not on the chance that this bug exists there as well.

Does that happen with any non-alarm audio that can’t doesn’t appear in control center audio, or does it only happen if GameCenter is being used by the app?

On 13.1.1 Does everyone’s today widget automatically display?

I just started noticing that only the Weather pops up first, but then minute I touch the screen or go near the widget area, the rest display. This happens at random.

1 Like

I have the Today’s Widget locked on the screen, and so far, it is working well. I have the weather, Drafts, and Shortcuts in it.

Seems to be only GameCenter so far.

I was just fine travelling with iPadOS and didn’t hit any bugs. Very pleased about that. But I did wait to return before upgrading my phone. As the proverb goes, “Trust in Allah, but tie your camel.”

2 Likes

Доверяй, но проверяй: “trust but verify”

4 Likes

That one has been pretty buggy. My 4th gen HD has been crashing every day since the upgrade. I never had a single problem with it on tvOS 12.

1 Like

IPadOS is buggy. I like some of the features. However, I end up doing the ol’ windows reboot more often than I should. IOS13, on my iPhone 8 seems to be a bit more solid.

Doing an installation of Catalina on my iMac now.

Arcade doesn’t really hold my interest like I thought it would. I am thinking it is not worth $5/month.

1 Like

I have-to reboot my iPad at least twice a day to get the on screen keyboard back.

On a UP side, my mail is not only syncing again between iPad and iPhone, there are no more blank emails on the iPad. GO MOTHERSHIP!!!

Drafts wasn’t syncing either, but now it is behaving again.

I can’t speak for games. I don’t play any.

I end up rebooting my iPad to get the Bluetooth keyboard to pair up. Last night is was paired up but typing away was buggy. After restarting the iPad it worked okay.

I am using the iPad with a different keyboard tonight, typing this post with it, and it paired up with no issue. I keep thinking it was the keyboard. It might be to a point. I think it more a MacOS issue.