I just got my first corrupted file on DEVONThink today.
A bookmark saved from my iPad to the Inbox, then saved to an iCloud indexed folder. When the desktop file synced, I got a corrupted database error. The bookmark file (a .webloc file) was zero bytes. Still, the item worked as expected because I believe DT also stores the proper URL in the metadata that is synced to the sync database itself.
I think there is a pattern here, though I cannot confirm: folders indexed in iCloud and DTTG usage seem to be involved. I have seen my share of strange issues on indexed folders on iCloud as the database metadata gets synced before iCloud has synced the items, or iCloud is “optimizing” the local hard disk usage, but they were easily solved by updating the indexed items. This is my first data loss that I cannot explain.
This is a tricky problem to solve as when this happens, the database becomes “corrupted” and one cannot effectively work with it on multiple devices (which is critical for my use case). So I prefered to remove the offending file, empty the trash, and then add the bookmark again.