DevonThink Server Initial Setup Questions

DevonThink was very quick to process my refund. I appreciate that aspect of this experience.

What alternative software do you plan to use?

I have to say I donā€™t get your approach here. After a lot of research, you bought in on niche software (not easily substituted, assuming you wanted to do more than replace something like a shared Dropbox folder of documents.) You got stuck on one part of setup, were given support docs, and then cancelled before they could answer your follow-up questions about the docs. Then doubled down on not using it after someone else (me) walked you through the issue.

It doesnā€™t make sense unless you arenā€™t planning to solve what you wanted DT to do after all. I guess Iā€™m writing this comment hoping youā€™ll give it another shot someday.

1 Like

Three users were kind to me in helping solve my issue.

The official (paid) support person on the forums was (to me, my opinion, YMMV, you may think Iā€™m the problem, etc. etc.) condescending and rude. Not just in his last post, but from start to finish. Through that, I started to notice that even the help docs were written that way (to me, my opinion, YMMV, etc.).

I donā€™t want to do business with this company. I really appreciate the kindness of a couple of you and I really appreciate how useful this software is to many of you. I donā€™t want to do business with this company. If itā€™s my loss, itā€™s my loss.

2 Likes