Did iPadOS 14 just drop early?

My iPad is in the (public not dev) beta program but the current update just says iPadOS 14, no GM or beta #…installing now.

And now it says I’m running iPad OS 14.0 !

Which build?

(It’s probably the GM)

18A373 20 characters

It looks like it. I updated to public beta 8 last night. Now, I have an update for iPadOS 14.0.

Looks like https://www.colorhexa.com/18a373 the blue-green master

1 Like

I was on 14b8 until 5 minutes ago. iOS 14 is now downloading on my iPhone. iPadOS 14 is loading on my iPad.

I’ve been keeping the beta up to date. I just removed the beta profile and rebooted. The version shows 18A5373a — no update showing up.

Yes the version # matches though I’m in public not developer beta program.

1 Like

I was also in the public beta. :+1:

Remember to remove your beta profile if you want off the beta train.

5 Likes

Looks like mine is doing the same.

Mine (iPhone and iPad) are both downloading, too. Is this the GM or the released version, then? I was only on the public betas, if that makes a difference.

Good reminder. That was inconvenient for me last year. I kept getting unwanted betas for dot releases.

If you go to Settings > General > About then tap the version # it will show the build.

If it’s 18A373 then it’s the GM.

If it’s a later one? Not sure…

So yes: we’re out of Beta

Not showing at 12:30 AM PST on 16 Sept on my phone which wasn’t in the beta program.

It was the GM for me. The released version probably ships this morning after 10:00 AM Pacific.

I still haven’t seen the release of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14. I understood that v 14 would be released today. Anyone have a time for this?

Downloading and installing now.

Yes, dropped about 10 minutes ago! iPhone is downloading as I type!