Done with Apple

You read every single post?

And every single page for that matter?

The usefulness of this thread is quickly deteriorating. This is the Mac Power Users forum, if you aren’t interested in the Mac or Apple anymore, well… fair winds and following seas my friend.

The reasons many of us use a Mac and are involved in the community goes deeper than technical issues. Aesthetics, nostalgia, being part of a group, involvement in the ecosystem, the fantastic catalog of third-party apps. Arguing about bugs is a fools game.

5 Likes

You’re telling me they read all six of those pages?

Are you going to answer my question?

Yep, it’s called Mac Power Users. Not Apple Fanboys Forum. I am so much interested in Apple’s products that I’d like them to work well. Which in fact, they did before Big Sur. And even the first iterations of Big Sur were okayish. Until Apple started to mess around with the usb connectivity (from 11.2 onwards).

I’m using Apple products because I like how they work. Not because of nostalgia or to be part of a group. That would be a silly reason to use a tool.

4 Likes

Yes. In this case there are just 2. :wink:

Most of them. I’m realy that desparate. :wink:

1 Like

This is an Apple forum where people talk about their experiences with Apple products. Things often get toxic.

Since this is @vco1’s thread, at the light of his answer, I may have misinterpreted the intent of your own in the current context so, for the benefit of the doubt, I’m withdrawing my posts.

I’m just waiting to be informed we’ve been “brilliantly” trolled this whole time…

4 Likes

Gang :wink:

This thread was meant to (a) criticize the current state of macOS, more in particular Big Sur, and (b) get some input on the networking issues I’m having (although I think the solution is mainly in Apple’s hands).

However, some people seem to take any critique on Apple’s software as a personal attack. While others think Apple can’t make any mistakes.

That’s a pity. But it is what it is.

In the meantime I’m eagerly awaiting the 11.3 update. And signing off of this discussion.

4 Likes

It is very useful to include those feedback numbers in these public posts incase an apple staff member reads it if the feedback number is there they can find it but if quickly and easily. Trying to feed a bit of feedback by searching for other terms etc just does not work. If someone from apple reads your post they will likely stop reading as soon as they notice no feedback numbers as they will (rightfully) assume they can’t really find what you have submitted and thus can’t help you.

Do you have some sort of prejudice against me? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You keep on telling me to include feedback numbers. However, there are no feedback numbers returned by Apple. Just entered feedback again to confirm.

Oh I see… things entered there are only visible to the customer support teams that is not the place I had in mind.

The best place to provide feedback on bugs etc is using the Feedback app since it can automatically collect logs etc from your machine that make the reported issues usable and reproducible. to do this you can past applefeedback:// into safari url bar it should open the FeedbackAsstient app. Once you file a feedback the number is visible at the top of the feedback, also when you get an OS update out it is very helpful (and increase the chance that people look at them) to go back into the feedback app and add a comment saying it is still happening also attaching a new sysdiagnoses from there.

Feedbacks filed using this system can be looked at by any apple staff member if they have the feedback number, but also these are work items so if someone wants to work in it they can just say to their manager i’m working on FB… or (Radar… apples internal tickets that get created that are aggregations of multiple users reports)

Give the beta a try, it seems to have solved lots of problems for me so far.
Totally fine to be a critic, language matters though especially if you communicate by writing only. People misinterpret lots. I always try to formulate my points very carefully. Your title was very aggressive and provoked a reaction. On the other hand, a good way to get maximum eye balls on your problem, haha.

I’m on Catalina and I’ve had (almost) similar problems with my 2017 MBPro. I’m using LinkWin USB-C adapter which has an Ethernet adapter, HDMI and USB . Every now and then the Ethernet adapter would drop and I narrowed it down to the Ethernet dropping when the computer went to sleep or after a long period away from the computer. For the longest time, I would just disconnect the adapter and connect and the Ethernet would pop back.

I fixed the problem by moving the Ethernet connection to a dedicated Belkin USB-C Ethernet adapter.

See if that fixes your problem.

1 Like

I’m left wondering if maybe the issue has something to do with the sleep/wake protocols being different for ethernet and other types of devices, and if a non-dedicated adapter means it’s seen differently by the OS and (for some reason) not processed properly.

macOS has gotten pretty aggressive about power management, and it wouldn’t shock me if something “power wasting” was shut down that inadvertently prevents the ethernet on a dock from waking back up.

Still a bug in macOS if true, of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like