Download Video using iOS Shortcuts -> Dropbox -> Downie

That’s really helpful - thank you. I’ll have a go with this tomorrow.

This is just to add that I’ve tried this and it works perfectly - thank you.

In case this helps anyone:
I’ve had issues (not related to this script) with both Downie and YouTube-dl when attempting a series of complex downloads at the same time. For example, there are a lot of concerts and plays being streamed at the moment and I often want to download several large files and integrate subtitles. For these, I’ve found that it produces a much more reliable result if I allow the links to build up in the file created by Shortcuts and then ask YouTube-dl to treat that as a batch file.

Thanks again for all of your support.

1 Like

brilliant! works like a charm :slight_smile:
Thanks TJ!

Perhaps not directly related - but this works well

Navigate to the video you want, stop it playing;

Go to the URL in the browser bar and add three letters in front of the word youtube - “gen”, so it now reads “genyoutube”

Page changes and gives you a range of download options which allow you to save the file.

Never had the problem. I have 4 or 5 videos going in different Terminal tabs at once and don’t have any issues. I don’t normally do them with one command. Maybe that’s the difference.

This stopped working on iOS.I’m running 13.4.1

When I run the shortcut, I get an empty textarea for the step where it asks “Is this what you want to add?"

There is now a much easier way to do this using Transloader. The developer of Downie has written it up here:

1 Like