Dragon for Mac is Discontinued!

Do you guys know if Dragon Dictate Medical for Mac is discontinued as well?

@kensheah

You can select the microphone. Using my podcast mic is one of the reasons I get good results with both Dragon and Built-in.

Just as I get a minor flare of RSI and think about trying out Dragon for real I learn that it has been discontinued. I guess it is the built-in dictation then.

1 Like

The built-in Mac is okay, but Dragon was definitely superior. I cannot understand why no-one else will develop a similar product.

1 Like

It probably has to do with market share. Dictation is a complicated product, with a limited market to start with, and then Apple basically cut the low end out of the market by building a ā€œgood enough for most peopleā€ product into the OS.

That makes the number of people who are willing to pay for the product much, much smaller, and basically makes it so development doesnā€™t make financial sense.

2 Likes

I just ran across an ad on Twitter for Amazonā€™s Transcribe service.

Anybody know of an alternative for MAc OS ?

Just tired Just Press Record to transcribe a 34 min audio file, and itā€™s pretty useless. My recording has several terms that would be unfamiliar or infrequently used, but JPR is not transcribing frequently used words correctly. It uses Appleā€™s speech to text service.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if V5 (prior to most recent) does NOT work on Mojave?

Support supposedly stopped short of HS - but took a chance in upgrading from Sierra, and it survivedā€¦ Keen to try Mojave, but Iā€™m still a fairly heavy user of Dragon v5ā€¦ :sob: