Dropbox to get support for Monterey later this year

Just saw this article: Dropbox to release beta app with macOS 12 support - 9to5Mac

Do any of you use it despite problems on the Mac? Anyone abandon it because of this?

Surprised it has taken this long, there must have been a big issue to solve.

2 Likes

I use it only, to transfer notes from Instapaper to Obsidian via IFTTT.
Otherwise I abandoned the use of Dropbox already a couple of years ago.

1 Like

I use Dropbox extensively without any issues. Once in a while I get a warning that the integration isn’t compatible, but it continues to work as expected.

2 Likes

I still use Dropbox, which suits my purposes well (sync working files to the cloud and other computers, share some files with others, allow bookkeeper and accountant access to financials and receipts).

Never once has any of this caused a problem for me, although I’m looking forward to the drama surrounding it going away.

2 Likes

Dropbox has been working flawlessly on my MBP M1 Pro. I use selective sync (in that I choose what folders I want synced to this Mac) but not online-only files that live in the cloud until I click on them.

2 Likes

After years of fighting against Dropbox’s paltry 2GiB limit, I switched to Box. I now have 20 GiB free.

1 Like

Hehe, I’ve had 22 free GB from Dropbox for ages from running Google Ads for their referral program. Shame that can’t be done anymore. Box’s sync and clients have improved over the same period of time, though.

You must be grandfathered. Currently, Box shows 10 GB free. I shall create an account and give it a try. Thanks.

If you add your mobile device, they give you another 10 GiB.

1 Like