Evernote or Notion?

Okay, I have been using Evernote for over ten years, and have stuck with them through all of the changes and updates. But in the past month, I have been getting notices of new login’s to my account from places all over the world. The notice looks legitimate - no bad grammar or misspelling, and the notices are identical. There are links in the e-mail, but all of them are identified as evernote.com. On the first one, I went in, changed my password, set up 2 Factor Authentication, revoked all access, etc. On the next three, I changed my password and revoked all access. Now, even with new passwords and 2 factor authentication, I am still getting these notices. Trying to get support from Evernote is impossible. Going to their website, there doesn’t seem to be a way to report this.

So, I am thinking about switching, and have looked at Notion, which would allow me to consolidate my notes and my task manager (currently ToDoist).

However, there is one big “BUT”: there does not seem to be a way to import e-mails into Notion.

Am I missing something, or is there a reasonable workaround? Or is there another similar app that I should consider?

1 Like

Found this on google. After I left Evernote and deleted all my data, I did something similar to process some files. Sounds like it should work. (view full discussion and look for danieltanguay)

1 Like

Wayne, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, for some reason, Notion is not accepting my Evernote notes. Right now, I would estimate that 95% of my notes will not import. I have contacted Notion, and the only response is that they certainly did not intend that to happen, but no advice as to how to fix it. This may be a deal breaker for me.

In the meantime, it turns out that the unauthorized login notices from Evernote were legitimate, but it was for an account that I did not know I had. Several years ago I changed my e-mail address associated with my Evernote account, and somehow I ended up with two accounts - one under the new e-mail and another under the old e-mail address. Fortunately the old e-mail address was the one that was hacked, and it was empty. It took awhile to figure out the old account existed and to get access to it, as apparently my password manager kept re-directing me to my active account.

So, I am not entirely pleased with the situation that it seems I cannot use Notion in conjunction with, or as a replacement of, Evernote, but glad to know that my information is, for now, secure.

1 Like